WA Youth Theatre Company’s productions are multi-award winning.
With its production REST, a site responsive work set in East Perth Cemeteries, the company has become the proud claimant of the most-awarded Fringe World show ever! Here’s a list of our most recent wins:
- 2020 Fringe World, ECU Performing Arts Award (for Adam Kelly’s ARCO)
- 2020 Fringe World, Spirit of the Fringe Award (WAYTCo’s James Berlyn, for BODY RIGHTS)
- 2019 Museum and Galleries National Award (for REST)
- 2019 Fringe World, Theatre Award (for REST)
- 2019 Fringe World, The West Australian Arts Editor Award (for REST)
- 2019 Fringe World, Martin Sims Award (for REST)
- 2019 Fringe World, Weekly Awards x 2 (for REST)
- 2018 Fringe World, ECU Performing Arts Award (for YOURSEVEN)
- 2018 Fringe World, WA Emerging Artist Award (for YOURSEVEN)
At Perth Festival 2021, the company premiered BESIDE, a Perth Festival Commissioned site-responsive work at the National Trust Heritage site, Peninsula Farm, in Maylands. This acclaimed production solidifies the company’s track record for making outstanding site-specific theatre.
Other notable past productions include Yourseven, The Cockatoos, Cloud 9, Crave, The Dreaming Hill, Punk Rock, Fish Out Of Water (Drop Dead), MINE, D.N.A., and the devised trilogy Earth, Wind & Fire, as well as performances of The Lonely Playground, 2017, and On the Face of Things, 2016, within the Fringe Festival’s celebration of devised shows, and 600 Seconds at The Blue Room Theatre in 2014. That’s just to cover a decade or so!
The provocative, moving and bold body of work that the company has produced in past years, with young people guiding the way, has attracted widespread recognition, both nationally and internationally.
To follow are eight WAYTCo productions that have recently been put to rest.