Youth Advisory Committee = YAC
WAYTCo wouldn’t be as relevant as it is without the contribution of Youth Advisors!
If you love WAYTCo and want to to take your commitment to the company to the next level, consider exploring your capacity for leadership through nominating yourself for a year-long appointment to the YAC. You will have the capacity to represent your peers and inform decision-making whilst observing arts organisation governance in action. The opportunity comes around once a year, in April/May.
The nomination period for the 2023-24 Youth Advisory Committee has now closed. The new YAC, our biggest group in memory, comprises:
- Jono Battista
- Cezera Critti-Schnaars
- Lily Baitup
- Jesse Vakatini
- Lucia Merriweather
- Isabella Crean
- Emily Keys
- Mia Marr
- Carter Kirkland
- Sophie Boswell
- Indiana Gorrie
- Henry Kent
Thank you to all who expressed interest.
What does a WAYTCo Youth Advisor do?
- Act as an ambassador for WAYTCo;
- Help promote WAYTCo shows, events and opportunities;
- Represent youth members by offering suggestions and feedback to the Company at Board Meetings and participating in strategic planning activities;
- Work with others to plan and execute YAC-led initiatives for the benefit of the Company, incl. one campaign event per year;
- Build and maintain a safe and positive community of emerging arts leaders.
- Gain insight into the governance of an arts organisation;
- Receive training in financial report reading;
- Develop planning and advocacy skills;
- Become practised in committee and working group process;
- Where appropriate, serve as a member of the YAC executive.
The YAC actively contributes to the development of the organisation. In 2020, the YAC worked on the company’s brand script, and contributed to the development of studio access walkthrough videos. In 2021-22, the YAC worked with filmmaker-on-staff, Georgia Ivers, and Graphic Designer, Shaun Salmon, to complement the November 2022 Got Your Back video campaign with the release of an inaugural WAYTCo e-Zine.
For more info about the role of WAYTCo’s Youth Advisors, refer to the Current YAC Guidelines.