Announcement: We have a new Youth Advisory Committee!
On 25 May, at the first meeting of the Board of Management following the AGM, the 2022-23 Youth Advisory Committee (YAC) was officially sworn in. Members of the Committee are:
Jono Battista (Chair)*
* returning members.
Thank you Jono, Jesse, Adam and Lily for your continued commitment to WAYTCo! And Lachlan, Emily, Nicola, Lucia and Sophie, a warm welcome to you all. To outgoing YAC members, the board and senior staff wish to sincerely thank you for your service. The YAC is a vital governance structure for the company, ensuring the board stays in touch with the perspectives of diverse youth, whilst providing an opportunity for youth leadership. We couldn’t be as relevant as we are without the contribution of our Youth Advisors!
The YAC actively contributes to the development of the organisation. In 2020, the YAC worked on the company’s brand script, and contributed to the development of studio access walkthrough videos. In 2021, the YAC has been working with filmmaker Georgia Ivers to complement the planned Got Your Back video campaign with the release of a WAYTCo e-Zine.
WAYTCo looks forward to continuing work on this project with the newly elected Committee.
What does a Youth Advisory Committee member do?
Being on the YAC means you will:
- Act as an ambassador for WAYTCo;
- Help promote WAYTCo shows, events and opportunities;
- Represent youth members by offering suggestions and feedback to the Company at Board Meetings and participating in strategic planning activities;
- Work with others to plan and execute YAC-led initiatives for the benefit of the Company, incl. one campaign event per year;
- Build and maintain a safe and positive community of emerging arts leaders.
- Gain insight into the governance of an arts organisation;
- Receive training in financial report reading;
- Develop planning and advocacy skills;
- Become practised in committee and working group process;
- Where appropriate, serve as a member of the YAC executive.
For more info about the role of WAYTCo’s Youth Advisors, refer to the 2022_YAC Guidelines.