Walk BESIDE us and change a young life today!
Fresh and bold, staged with attention to excellence, WAYTCo shows have dazzled WA audiences for four decades. Its 2019 site-specific work, REST, became the most awarded Fringe World show ever!
Boasting an esteemed alumni (Tim Minchin, Claire Hooper, Will O’Mahony, Katherine Langford and many many more), and putting access for diverse youth front-and-centre, the Company is the real deal: a high performance AND inclusive training ground for future leaders and creatives.
This year, as the Company turns 40, WAYTCo steps up and invites those in the WA professional and philanthropic community to do so too! Whilst WAYTCo is a youth-focused company, it is, itself, fully fledged, a grown-up, and serious about continuing its legacy for another 40 years.
Help grow WA’s future creatives. Donate today!
About the Campaign
Running 1 June 2022 to 30 June 2023, Invest In Us represents a concerted effort to secure deep engagement of the Western Australian giving community. The campaign is staged in 3-parts:
1 – 30 June 2022
Reconnect the company with the fundraising imperative
|Part 2||7 Nov – 31 Dec 2022||Associate PLUS* Drive|
|Part 3||3 Apr – 30 June 2023||Secure Private Ancillary Fund/ Foundation support|
*A new membership tier for supporters of the Company aged 27 or above who wish to donate a youth membership at time of sign-up.
- Reconnect the company with the fundraising imperative
- Funding diversification, i.e. decrease reliance on government funding;
- Elevate the Company’s profile within the broader community, and especially within the WA philanthropic community;
- Streamline fundraising activities, systems and processes;
- Model fundraising and philanthropic practices to members (emerging artists) and engage members in the fundraising process;
- Reignite connections with past alumni and generate, amongst alumni, a culture of giving back;
- END GOAL: Large donor/ Private Ancillary Fund (PAF)/ Foundation investment that will have life beyond the timeline and targets of this campaign.
Campaign Targets & Achievements
|Stretch Targets||$ 8,500||$ 20,000||$ 35,000||$ 63,500|
|Funds Raised||$ 8,610|
What will the campaign fund?
Funds from WAYTCo’s Invest In Us Campaign will go to access programming, including indigenous-artist-led workshops for justice-involved youth and the development of short works by youth artists of all ability.
To find out more about WAYTCo, our access programming and how your support can make a difference, watch the campaign videos below.
Campaign Video Credits
Filmmaker: Georgi Ivers
Camera Assistant: Joe Teakle
Interviewer 1: Jen Bagg
Interviewer 2: Jono Battista
Produced by WA Youth Theatre Company
Our heartfelt thanks to interviewees: James Berlyn, Maitland Schnaars, Wendy Martin, Alison Morley, Adam Kelly, Nasyhithah Mohd Zaini, Jesse Vakatini, and Cezera Critti-Schnaars.
If you are interested in supporting WAYTCo’s Invest In Us campaign, donate today or reach out to Leah for a coffee meeting to talk about how you’d like to make a meaningful contribution to the Company’s access programming. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
“I get so much enjoyment from seeing young, creative people being actively engaged in the craft of communication through live theatre. I see their self confidence and pride grow and develop, no matter what part they play in bringing a story to life, and I feel better for being part of helping to make it happen.”
– Erica Smyth AC, WAYTCo Business Patron & Donor