AUDITIONS FOR THE 2016/17 WA Youth Theatre COmpany ENSEMBLE have now closed.
HOWEVER if you ARE a PERFORMER, WRITER, DESIGNER, DIRECTOR AND THEATRE CREATIVE who is looking for SPECIALIST TRAINING, INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE AND education opportunities TO CREATE AND PERFORM IN YOUR OWN NEW WORK please email waytco at email@example.com
WAYTCo provides performing arts opportunities for young emerging artists of all disciplines – theatre, film, music, dance, writers, designers and arts managers. Whatever their passion is WAYTCo provides young artists with opportunities to work with WA’s best theatre-makers and tutors on creating personal and ambitious performances. A select group of creatives have been chosen through auditions and interviews to work under the direction of our Artistic Director Renato Fabretti in collaboration with other WA talents.
ENSEMBLE MEMBERS WILL EXPERIENCE:
- Hands on, personalized training with a variety of specialist tutors, chosen once we have met our Ensemble and determined their interests – you will have direct impact on what you learn, how you learn and who you learn from;
- Regular workshops and classes - a flexible schedule of masterclasses that will suit the Ensemble Members’ interests and availabilities;
- A devising process designed to focus the young voices of the Ensemble in the creation of a new theatrical product with which we will showcase the Ensemble Company to the Perth arts community;
- Access to WAYTCo’s staff and Board for advice and guidance as you enter the arts workplace – WAYTCo will seek out relevant career opportunities for Ensemble members throughout the year;
- Access to all of WAYTCo’s regular classes and workshops from your acceptance into the Ensemble until June 2017; and
- Acting as WAYTCo ambassadors – attending events such as theatre shows, season launches and other industry occasions to represent WAYTCo, it’s members and the Ensemble.
- Ages 16-27
- Established level of skill in chosen artistic field
- Flexible availability throughout 2016 and early 2017 for workshops and performances
- A desire to create and perform with other young artists
Ensemble fees cost $1200 (including GST). This covers all workshops, private classes, performance costs and any additional costs. This also covers entrance fees to any WAYTCo classes in your time as an Ensemble Member. Early bird rate is $1,000 for payments received by 30 September 2016. Or two instalments of $600 due 30th September 2016 and 1st December 2016.
WAYTCo’s mission for its Ensemble is to not only train young performers, but to act as a springboard for their career in the arts industry and to connect them with other local artists and creatives.
If you are interested in auditioning/interviewing for an Ensemble Member position in the future, please email your expression of interest through to firstname.lastname@example.org