WE invited any and all Young Talented wa theatre artist to audition for the 2015/16 WAYTCo Ensemble – an elite group of performers, writers, theatre creatives and artists that will receive specialist training, industry experience and learn the skills required to create and perform in your own work.
We look for emerging artists of all disciplines – theatre, film, music, dance, writers, designers and arts managers - whatever their passion is: young artists that want the opportunity to work with WA’s best theatre-makers and tutors on creating personal and ambitious performances. A select group of creatives have been chosen through auditions and interviews to work under the direction of our Artistic Director Renato Fabretti in collaboration with other WA talents.
Ensemble members will experience:
- Hands on, personalized training with a variety of specialist tutors, chosen once we have met our Ensemble and determined their interests – you will have direct impact on what you learn, how your learn and who you learn from
- Regular workshops and classes - a flexible schedule of masterclasses that will suit the Ensemble Members’ interests and availabilities
- A devising process designed to focus the young voices of the Ensemble in the creation of a new theatrical product with which we will showcase the Ensemble Company to the Perth arts community
- Access to WAYTCo’s staff and board for advice and guidance as you enter the arts workplace – WAYTCo will seek out relevant career opportunities for Ensemble members throughout the year
- Access to all of WAYTCo’s regular classes and workshops from your acceptance into the Ensemble until June 2016
- Acting as WAYTCo ambassadors – attending events such as theatre shows, season launches and other industry occasions to represent WAYTCo, it’s members and the Ensemble
- Ages 18-27
- Established level of skill in chosen artistic field
- Flexible availability throughout 2015 and early 2016 for workshops and performances
- A desire to create and perform with other young artists
WAYTCo’s mission for its Ensemble is to not only train young performers, but to act as a springboard for their career in the arts industry and to connect them with other local artists and creatives.
Auditions and interviews are have concluded for 2015 but we are always keen to meet new excited theatre makers any time so get in touch! Our first round auditions took place on August 16th - with a very promising turn-out of youngt alent! - and further auditions are scheduled for this month. But don't delay! If you are interested in auditioning/interviewing for an Ensemble Member position in the future, please email your expression of interest through to email@example.com and book your place for future intakes.